Come join Eros Now, the “Netflix and Spotify” OTT service for Bollywood, as our Product Manager for Platform.
Eros Now, the biggest Indian Bollywood streaming provider and a subsidiary of Eros International, the largest integrated film studio of India, is a world-class digital service for Indian movies, music and video content available on web, mobile and TV including Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Opera.
This unique opportunity offers the chance to play a key role in defining and analyzing how the 21st century global media experience is and could be for subscribers, viewers and fans.
This product management position offers the chance to play a key role in transforming the Indian entertainment industry around the world.
As a member of the global Product Management team, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, definition, development, operation, performance and improvement of Eros Now’s worldwide Platform which is used by Eros Now’s apps and external partners.
You will have a technology, software engineering and product management background and some experience with consumer media services, video streaming, APIs, system architecture, billing, CMS and CRM systems, and media metadata.
Great communication skills, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, awareness, diplomacy and comfort making data-driven decisions are must-have qualities.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management. The position will be based in Bangalore, India.
- Own the product vision and strategy for the Eros Now Platform which powers subscription video services worldwide for web, mobile and TV platforms
- Build and manage the Platform product roadmap to support Eros Now’s business goals and strategies
- Plan and work closely with peers in Product, UX and Engineering to ensure the platform powers the services being defined and developed internally and externally
- Organize and manage the documentation for the Eros Now Platform APIs
- Write user stories (product requirements) for new Platform features
- Manage and prioritize initiatives, projects and associated stories
- Manage project timelines by tracking development, testing and release of features
- Develop a deep understanding of Eros Now business performance, competitive landscape and key drivers for markets while crystallizing key insights from customer behavior and identifying product differentiators for the platform
- University degree in Computer Science or another software related discipline
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment defining, driving, shipping and improving platform infrastructure for consumer service
- Professional experience in software development
- Product management of billing, video streaming, content management, and/or user data services
- Familiarity of contemporary product management and collaborative development tools like Confluence and JIRA
- Excellent English verbal / written communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience or appreciation for start-up or small company environment with distributed global teams
- Demonstrable product judgment including the ability to make sound judgments based on the tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, and other various factors
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority and work independently without direct supervision
Great to haves
- Third party API integration experience as provider or consumer
- An interest in Bollywood and the South East Asian digital entertainment market