Join Eros Now, the “Netflix and Spotify” for Bollywood to lead product management of the Eros Now Platform.
Eros Now, a subsidiary of Eros International the largest integrated film studio of India, is a world-class online destination for Indian movies, music and video content.
This unique opportunity offers the chance to play a key role in transforming and enhancing the media publishing and distribution industry in India while connecting people with content they love – Bollywood Indian entertainment.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, definition, development and operation of Eros Now’s worldwide Platform which is used by internal colleagues and external partners.
The ideal candidate will have a product management background and experience in consumer media services, video streaming, APIs, system architecture, billing, CMS and CRM systems, and media metadata.
Great communication skills in English, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, awareness, diplomacy and comfort making data-driven decisions are must-haves.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management. The position will be based in Bangalore, India. Candidates must be currently based in Bangalore, India.
- Own the product vision and strategy for the Eros Now Platform
- Build and manage Platform product roadmap to support Eros Now business goals and strategies
- Plan and work closely with Product and Engineering managers to ensure the Eros Now Platform can power the services being defined and developed internally and externally
- Manage the documentation for the Eros Now platform powering the APIs
- Write user stories (product requirements) for new platform features
- Manage and prioritize initiatives, projects and associated stories
- Time management by closely tracking development, testing and release
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the global online entertainment market – specifically the online entertainment market for Indian media - and analyze competitive offerings to identify product differentiators for the platform
- Publish report on key performance indicators (KPIs) and iterate based on findings
- University degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering or another technology related discipline
- 3+ years of product management experience, preferably in a fast-paced, environment defining, driving and shipping infrastructure, enterprise or consumer services
- Experience or appreciation for start-up or small company environment
- Experience working with distributed global teams
- Use of contemporary product management and collaborative development tools
- Demonstrable product judgment including the ability to make sound judgments based on the tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, and other various factors
- Experience in development and integration of billing, video streaming, content management, user data, security and/or operational performance systems
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority and work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent oral / written communication, organizational and analytical skills
Great to haves
- Ability to interpret results from observation
- An interest in Bollywood and the South Asian digital entertainment market
- Past third party API integration experience